COTU is a WhatsApp based messaging tool built to empower & connect communities in South Africa with factual updates during COVID-19.
- Help people communicate and coordinate in their communities
- Distance fake news produced by unsolicited sources
- Send geo-targeted factual updates at ward-level
- Get citizen feedback to inform proper resource allocation
- Track the progress of relief interventions
Like many initiatives during this time we are building and learning as we go. We are using a phased approach while testing our model, with eThekwini Municipality being our first region of development. We will gradually progress to other parts of KwaZulu Natal and South Africa.